Domestic Air Conditioning
Rooms suitable for home Air Conditioning?
Nearly all rooms can be fitted with air conditioning but the most common are loft spaces, living rooms, bedrooms and conservatories.
Which Air Conditioning units do we fit for home use?
We generally recommend wall mounted air conditioning units for home use as these are the cheapest to install and can be incredibly quiet to run. We can also wrap these to fit with your interior design (ask us for details) making them very easy to integrate with your home decor.
Ducted units are generally more expensive but they can be fitted to seamlessly fit in to your surroundings as they do not require a protruding unit. Embedding these in ceilings make them almost invisible and very popular among people who don’t want their units to stand out.
Floor standing are similar to the wall mounted once but are generally placed lower on the wall, kind of radiator style. These are very suitable for rooms which don’t have much high wall access maybe due to having large windows.
All units come with a five year warranty.
What is our AC installation process?
We have a proven process that we follow when fitting air conditioning in peoples homes, we have developed it over many years in order to reduce disruption and provide you with the best outcome.
Our home installation for air conditioning units is:
- Complete site survey
- Provide customer quote
- Install pipework and services
- Fit indoor unit to wall or into ceiling void
- Fit outside unit into position
- Connect pipework and services to both indoor and outdoor units
- Charge with refrigerant
- Test connections and units
- Commission into operation
What do you need to consider when installing home Air Conditioning units?
A few things to think about when considering getting air conditioning units installed at home.
- Cost, is it affordable and will it bring you enough benefits to justify the investment.
- Is the installation going to be possible, do you have permission to install the units and will the units fit to the specifications of your building.
- Is there enough space outside to fit the condensing units as these are integral for the system to work.
- Ongoing maintenance which will be required every six months.
- General AC running or usage costs although technology has advanced enough to mean that these units do not consume too much power.
- Other environmental issues.
What are the big benefits from installing AC?
- When it’s too hot in the summer you can benefit from a massive increase in productivity in the day and rest at night.
- Increase in value of property.
- Units can be used to warm the house during the colder months, they can act as a back up heating system.
- More welcoming or comfortable environments for friends and family.
Why is domestic Air Conditioning maintenance important?
Maintenance contracts will usually be specific to each instillation dependent on Air Con equipment and the installation used. There are no set guidelines for the frequency of air conditioning maintenance but twice yearly is recommended, this is generally dependent on the environment.
Maintenance is carried out in order to:
- Highlight any repair issues that may have arisen.
- Keep equipment running efficiently.
- Reduce equipment developing faults.
Problems from not maintaining equipment may include:
- Equipment failure/ damage resulting in bigger repair costs.
- Spread of unhealthy micro-organisms such as legionnella.
- Loss of heating or cooling resulting in poorer or unpleasant home environments.
- Sick building syndrome (SBS).
Signs to look out for – mainly fault codes which indicate the nature of the issue.
The repair process usually begins with identification of a problem during a maintenance visit but if the client notices issues with the normal working of the AC then the problem will be referred to our office from where we will liaise with client to gather more info and then pass on to an engineer.
Attendance on site will be dependent on engineers’ current workload although clients under contract will usually be visited within 48 hours. Known required repairs are better being arranged earlier in the year to avoid peak call out season in the summer.
Visit our air conditioning repairs and maintenance section for more on our approach.
Abacus AC Solutions
Abacus AC Solutions Limited can provide nationwide coverage, we can carry out installations and provide maintenance services across the whole of the UK.
Our team of experienced technicians can help you with all types of installation and maintenance queries – contact us today for a Free Quote on 0800 8488808
We have engineers around the country providing a truly local service. Where ever you are, if you decide to use our services this will be handled by your local representative, giving you the best level of service.
We offer the following services for homes and businesses in London and throughout the UK:
- Air Conditioning Systems
- Air Con installation
- System maintenance
- Unit repairs
- Various products