COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Air Conditioning and Ventilation
Our strategy is one that puts our employees and our customers at the centre of our approach to dealing with this current situation.
We want to reassure you that we will constantly evaluate the situation and make changes accordingly when necessary.
Industry guidance on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Air Con/Ventilation systems from Refcom (BESA) see: https://www.refcom.org.
First and foremost your HVAC systems should be thoroughly cleaned and serviced to ensure they are providing the best conditioned environment possible so we suggest:
- Thorough chemical cleaning of all HVAC equipment
- Remove airborne contaminants by making sure systems have correct filtering and are well maintained
- Regular maintenance
- Clean ventilation
Changes we have made
In order to protect the safety of all our customers and our engineers from COVID-19 (Coronavirus) we have already made a number of important changes:
- All staff wear correct PPE including gloves and masks where appropriate
- Distancing rules applied where possible
- Risk assessments now include evaluation of COVID-19 risks
- Recommend all ventilation systems to be set to full fresh air modes instead of air rotation
COVID-19 Air Con and Ventilation Services
We are suggesting that the best approach to maintain healthy ecosystems for you, your family or your colleagues would be as follows:
- Completing a deep chemical clean – to make sure no bacteria exists throughout your HVAC systems
- Making sure regular maintenance is carried out – incorporating filter checking/replacing.
Air Con Cleaning Products
We use a number of products when completing a deep clean of an air conditioning system many of which are advanced bacterial cleansing solutions designed to kill 99.9% of bacteria that could be in your ducts/systems.
Examples of high disinfectant products:
- Advanced RTU ECD – Evaporator Cleaner and Disinfectant
- Advanced Easycare
- Advanced CondenCide – Alkaline Evaporator Cleaner and Disinfectant
- Advanced Gel ECD – Evaporator Cleaner and Disinfectant
Due to the current COVID-19 virus pandemic we would suggest:
- Setting ventilation systems to fresh air modes and not fan only.
- Deep cleaning systems as a precaution.
- Carry out regular maintenance to ensure system health.
If you are interested in a Deep Chemical Clean or maintenance/service please contact us via the form below: